I did this with a hard drive as well and get the same result,
ext format, which is best for linux
although it automatically detects, using home= cheatcode DOES NOT work when it does auto detect.
Hi,
I have Knoppix 5.1 on USB Key. When I boot the key, I select the 2nd option:
SYSTEM: Add as persistent writable system area.
Everything works great, it saves every changes and new stuff on my USB Key (Persistent mode).
The next time I boot from the key, I get a message:
Knoppix.img was not cleanly unmounted.
Then it fixes a bunch of inodes, block and whatever else.
I don't notice anything wrong in Knoppix. It's just drives me nuts that is does that everytime I boot.
Is there something I can configure to help Knoppix to cleanly Unmount?
Thanks,
Marc.
I did this with a hard drive as well and get the same result,
ext format, which is best for linux
although it automatically detects, using home= cheatcode DOES NOT work when it does auto detect.
Hi,
I have the same experience, except that I cannot seem to get my files to persist. I've followed two different sets of directions to install Knoppix 5.1.1 to a USB drive (http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/14738?page=1 and http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2007/02...1-using-linux/). The procedures are essentially the same; one is a command line process and the other is a GUI process. I also completed the steps for persisting files to the USB.
Knoppix 5.1.1 boots nicely from my USB, I get the Knoppix configuration menu of different options Home, System, Overwrite, Init. One issue is that I do not understand the implications of these different options and haven't found any documentation on them yet (still looking).
Based upon LAF's post, I tried using only the SYSTEM option. I opened the console and created a file. Then I rebooted. After selecting "SYSTEM" in the configuration menus.
So, my questions are: What should I select at the Knoppix Configuration Menu? Where should I create my files to persist them?
Oh, one more thing. When I look at the properties of /dev/sba2 (the 2nd partition on the USB drive) by right clicking on the icon from the desktop, and look at the Device tab, the "Read only" box was checked. That doesn't seem right. Is this why files don't persist there?
I would appreciate any pointers folks can offer.
Many thanks,
Peter

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit
$44.99
LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold
$749.99
Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is)
$350.00
Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe
$449.99
IBM Aptiva E5D Intel Pentium II 400MHz 64MB RAM No HDD Vintage Computer 2139E5D
$219.99
VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE
$299.99