-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix on USB key (Persistent Mode)
Hi,
I have Knoppix 5.1 on USB Key. When I boot the key, I select the 2nd option:
SYSTEM: Add as persistent writable system area.
Everything works great, it saves every changes and new stuff on my USB Key (Persistent mode).
The next time I boot from the key, I get a message:
Knoppix.img was not cleanly unmounted.
Then it fixes a bunch of inodes, block and whatever else.
I don't notice anything wrong in Knoppix. It's just drives me nuts that is does that everytime I boot.
Is there something I can configure to help Knoppix to cleanly Unmount?
Thanks,
Marc.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I did this with a hard drive as well and get the same result,
ext format, which is best for linux
although it automatically detects, using home= cheatcode DOES NOT work when it does auto detect.
-
Hi,
I have the same experience, except that I cannot seem to get my files to persist. I've followed two different sets of directions to install Knoppix 5.1.1 to a USB drive (http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/14738?page=1 and http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2007/02...1-using-linux/). The procedures are essentially the same; one is a command line process and the other is a GUI process. I also completed the steps for persisting files to the USB.
Knoppix 5.1.1 boots nicely from my USB, I get the Knoppix configuration menu of different options Home, System, Overwrite, Init. One issue is that I do not understand the implications of these different options and haven't found any documentation on them yet (still looking).
Based upon LAF's post, I tried using only the SYSTEM option. I opened the console and created a file. Then I rebooted. After selecting "SYSTEM" in the configuration menus.
So, my questions are: What should I select at the Knoppix Configuration Menu? Where should I create my files to persist them?
Oh, one more thing. When I look at the properties of /dev/sba2 (the 2nd partition on the USB drive) by right clicking on the icon from the desktop, and look at the Device tab, the "Read only" box was checked. That doesn't seem right. Is this why files don't persist there?
I would appreciate any pointers folks can offer.
Many thanks,
Peter
Similar Threads
-
By Orion6 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-17-2008, 04:49 AM
-
By rioswill in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 08-31-2007, 08:49 PM
-
By ilan1 in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-16-2006, 07:07 AM
-
By y23 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-19-2005, 09:42 AM
-
By Eero in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-29-2004, 01:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10
$1505.77

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

Intel Core Ultra 5 250K Plus Desktop Processor - 18 cores (6P+12E) LGA 1851
$189.99