-
have knoppix dvd - can't access internet after 4 hours
i have latest knoppix dvd. My system is an Hp pavillion 754n 2.53 p4 with realtek rtl8139 family pci fast ethernet. I am on a comcast high speed internet connection running through a motorola sb4220 surfboard cable modem. I have tried the network card configuration deal - put in right data - tried auto detect - tried pump -i eth0 and eth1 - and am totally at a loss. I cannot get online through knoppix to save my life. Debian on the otherhand works like a champ. I even tried to load linux rtl8139 driver's into system - but not totally sure how to do it. I know next to nothing about linux - so am i a born loser or what........lol. Any input would be greatly appreciated - i will give old college try on just about anything.... thanks
Rich
-
i guess i'll just go get a different net card - may work and may not work .......lol
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hold on to your 8139 card for the moment
it is supported in 5.1.1
What output do you get if you type in a console ?
-
-
please tell us - exactly what did you change and how -
I can't get an IP from DHCP on an HP pavilion 1100 -
the only computer I have tried (of many) that can't DHCP
with knoppix 5.11
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I don't know if it's related or not, but I also had an HP Pavilion notebook that Knoppix couldn't use the network on. The thing is, networking worked fine with Knoppix when I first got it, stopped working only after I allowed the notebook to accept "Microsoft security updates"! Then the same versions of Knoppix that used to work on the notebook no longer would! You can read about that in this thread and this thread.
Similar Threads
-
By johnsanders in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-19-2009, 11:59 PM
-
By Black Knight in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-24-2009, 05:26 PM
-
By knophack in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-06-2008, 10:01 PM
-
By Zero_1984 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 02:22 AM
-
By Wrincle in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 07:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01