Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Knoppix live cd and SpeedTouch USB

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by battouta
    3 possibilities :

    1- you download the driver from the official site, decompress and use the file mgmt.o you find in it

    2- you can use file called alcaudsl.sys you can get on a windows system, and you rename it in mgmt.o

    3- you can use the file firmware.bin you can find on http://speedtouch.sourceforge.net/files/firmware.bin
    and you rename it in mgmt.o
    thanks...I've download firmware.bin and renamed it.
    Now I try...ehm...little OT: were I can find the instruction
    to save the knoppix configuration (i.e modem setup and keyboard) on
    the HD?

    Thanks,

    Manuel

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    France
    Posts
    7
    K Menu / KNOPPIX / Configure

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by battouta
    K Menu / KNOPPIX / Configure
    Thanks...I'm really newbie

    ehm...(I hope this is the last semi-OT): now I must edit the option
    files in ppp folder, but I'm not root, ad I not have the privileges. How I can boot knoppix as root ??

    thanks again, and escuse me for poor english and little OT...

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel
    ehm...(I hope this is the last semi-OT): now I must edit the option
    files in ppp folder, but I'm not root, ad I not have the privileges. How I can boot knoppix as root ??

    thanks again, and escuse me for poor english and little OT...
    Use sudo in front of any command to have root permissions i.e sudo vi some_file.txt would open some_file.txt with the vi editor as root.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    9
    Thanks, I will try tonight...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. SpeedTouch 510: how to connect IT to knoppix/debian?
    By markcomp77 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 04:51 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-07-2004, 08:39 PM
  3. Speedtouch 330
    By sprinkles in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 04:48 AM
  4. Knoppix CD and SpeedTouch USb
    By laurentbon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2003, 12:32 PM
  5. SpeedTouch USB
    By vengapir8 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2003, 02:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Lenovo ThinkSystem SN550 Blade | 7X16 | 01KP356 | Drives and RAM not included picture

Lenovo ThinkSystem SN550 Blade | 7X16 | 01KP356 | Drives and RAM not included

$299.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97