Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How About QUANTIAN?

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256

    How About QUANTIAN?

    Hi!

    I haven't used QUANTIAN since, several years ago, it started to distribute as a DVD only.

    However, I'm setting up a dedicated Linux Cluster for my students. So, I would like an hdinstall of QUANTIAN, but I only have CD drives in my classroom. I can burn and boot DVDs at home, but not at school.

    My question is: does anyone have any experience knoppix-installer'ing directly from an ISO file?

    BTW, I've used QUANTIAN as a live boot CD and knoppix-installer'ed in the past and gotten very interesting results with my students. We have 25 Dells each with a Pentium IV 2.6GHz, 1GB RAM and 40GB hdd. I've run openMOSIX with this setup in the past. This summer we're installing a dedicated gigabit ethernet network and we're going to try MPI and PVM as well as openMOSIX. Is openMOSIX ever going to mature to linux kernel 2.6?

    TIA,
    AJG

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    OK, I've got Dual Boot in my classroom using the KNOPPIX CD. I'd like to move to a Dual Boot using the QUANTIAN DVD.

    I'm installing Dual NICs too. Right now we only have fastEthernet. We'll keep that for the Winpdoze partition. We're adding gigabitEthernet for the Linux Cluster partition.

    I'm trying to get DVD drives....

    Regards,
    AJG

Similar Threads

  1. Quantian clustering
    By Kermit42 in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 05:05 PM
  2. Quantian: A Knoppix remastering for Scientific Computing
    By edd in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-01-2004, 01:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone picture

LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone

$699.99



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black picture

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black

$44.00



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box picture

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box

$1500.00



YEALINK  W60B DECT VoIP BASE STATION VOIP SIP FOR UP TO 8 HANDSETS + OEM ADPTR picture

YEALINK W60B DECT VoIP BASE STATION VOIP SIP FOR UP TO 8 HANDSETS + OEM ADPTR

$50.00