-
Senior Member
registered user
swap partition?
HI!
Whenever I knoppix-installer a new PC, I always run qtparted first to set up dual partitions (hda1=wimpdoze, hda2=knoppix) and a swap partition.
My question is, how do I know that I set up the swap properly? Is there someway to see if its being used and what percentage of it is loaded at any given time?
TIA,
AJG
-
Senior Member
registered user
"swapon -s" will list the status of your swap partition(s)
"vmstat" or even "top" will mention swap usage (but probably not the details if you've got several partitions)
There are probably GUI equivalent but this should get you going
-
Senior Member
registered user
OK, thanx a lot! I give that a try.
Regards,
AJG
-
Senior Member
registered user
DOH! Why didn't I think of top???
Thanx,
AJG
Similar Threads
-
By maf in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-09-2008, 04:21 PM
-
By ZeroKun in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 06:44 PM
-
By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 11:31 PM
-
By metavoid in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 04:40 PM
-
By Rico da halvarez in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-29-2003, 08:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue
$299.00