"swapon -s" will list the status of your swap partition(s)
"vmstat" or even "top" will mention swap usage (but probably not the details if you've got several partitions)
There are probably GUI equivalent but this should get you going![]()
HI!
Whenever I knoppix-installer a new PC, I always run qtparted first to set up dual partitions (hda1=wimpdoze, hda2=knoppix) and a swap partition.
My question is, how do I know that I set up the swap properly? Is there someway to see if its being used and what percentage of it is loaded at any given time?
TIA,
AJG
"swapon -s" will list the status of your swap partition(s)
"vmstat" or even "top" will mention swap usage (but probably not the details if you've got several partitions)
There are probably GUI equivalent but this should get you going![]()
OK, thanx a lot! I give that a try.
Regards,
AJG
DOH! Why didn't I think of top???
Thanx,
AJG

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99
Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$379.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Mixed Brand 120/128/240/256GB SSD 2.5" SATA III 6GB/s Internal Solid State Drive
$34.99
Samsung 860 Pro 256GB V-NAND SATA Solid State Drive SSD MZ-76P256 MZ7KH256HAHQ
$49.95