Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Why the remastered CD image is always 702 MB?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18

    Why the remastered CD image is always 702 MB?

    Hi,

    I am trying to remaster the CD by deleting some packages. First, I remaster the original knoppix, I got 702 MB image. It is slightly bigger then the one I downloaded. After deleting all language packages, I got the image iso 702 MB. This is too big, then I removed the openoffice, still I got the iso image 702 MB. I could not save any space. Does any one know why?

    Thanks

    Frank

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18

    Solved

    I have finally solved the problem. Basically, I need to run apt-get remove packagenames after create the knoppix source code. In other words, I have to run it in chroot environment.

    Thanks

    Frank

Similar Threads

  1. Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem on remastered image
    By hal8000 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 02:49 PM
  2. Remastered DVD 5.01 regarding f2 f3
    By mavperl in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2006, 08:29 PM
  3. Compressing image for remastered kanotix broke kaffiene
    By knopx4me in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 01:18 PM
  4. Help!!! Remastered KNOPPIX image doesn't boot.
    By Yuriy in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 11:37 AM
  5. Testing and booting my remastered image before burning it
    By astormchaser in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 12:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s

$55.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD

$339.00



Seagate 2.5

Seagate 2.5" Barracuda 1TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 2F110A-500

$19.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59