Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Why the remastered CD image is always 702 MB?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18

    Why the remastered CD image is always 702 MB?

    Hi,

    I am trying to remaster the CD by deleting some packages. First, I remaster the original knoppix, I got 702 MB image. It is slightly bigger then the one I downloaded. After deleting all language packages, I got the image iso 702 MB. This is too big, then I removed the openoffice, still I got the iso image 702 MB. I could not save any space. Does any one know why?

    Thanks

    Frank

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18

    Solved

    I have finally solved the problem. Basically, I need to run apt-get remove packagenames after create the knoppix source code. In other words, I have to run it in chroot environment.

    Thanks

    Frank

Similar Threads

  1. Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem on remastered image
    By hal8000 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 02:49 PM
  2. Remastered DVD 5.01 regarding f2 f3
    By mavperl in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2006, 08:29 PM
  3. Compressing image for remastered kanotix broke kaffiene
    By knopx4me in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 01:18 PM
  4. Help!!! Remastered KNOPPIX image doesn't boot.
    By Yuriy in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 11:37 AM
  5. Testing and booting my remastered image before burning it
    By astormchaser in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 12:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$52.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A picture

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A

$44.99



M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health picture

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health

$56.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD  picture

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD

$13.00



Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III 2.5

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III 2.5" Internal SSD (MZ7LN250HMJP) dell Lenovo hp

$32.99