-
Junior Member
registered user
Yeah, not so much.

Originally Posted by
cbagger01
Maybe you cannot get to your files because you do not have the authority to access them.
Type typing:
sudo konqueror &
into a terminal window and see if this session can access your files as "superuser" or root user.
Spot on. I knew I didn't have the permissions. The question remaining, of course, is how to get them.
When I type:
sudo konqueror &
I get:
Code:
[1] 4037
$ Error: "/var/tmp/kdecache-knoppix" is owned by uid1000 instead of uid 0.
Link points to "/tmp/kdecache-root"
Error: "/tmp/kde-knoppix" is owned by uid1000 instead of uid 0.
Link points to "/tmp/ksocket-root"
So, gentle warriors of obtuse German Linux builds, how would a mac guy like me crack the permissions on my lost+found file in such a way that I can read my data? I hereby promise that once I've got my files off this thing I will trouble you no more with insipid newbie tedium...
Seth
Similar Threads
-
By VladD in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-27-2008, 03:35 AM
-
By jMon54 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 04:03 PM
-
By nishtya in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-26-2004, 04:01 AM
-
By linuX-gamEr in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 01:37 PM
-
By georgetoon in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-15-2003, 07:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10 Server Memory Ram HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF
$57.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$448.20

Synology 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM 260-Pin D4ES03-16G
$1000.00

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM
$2649.00

SK hynix 32GB DDR4 2666MHz (2×16GB) PC4-2666V-SE1-11 HMA82GS6JJR8N-VK
$99.99

Kingston 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-RB1-11 ECC REG Server Memory HP24D4R7D4MAM-32
$140.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98