Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Can anyone provide me some info on remastering DVD?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18

    Can anyone provide me some info on remastering DVD?

    I have finally known how to remaster CD now. However, since I need to install more software, I need to know how to remaster knoppix to DVD.

    Could anyone provide me some info?

    thanks

    Frank

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18
    Anyone has done remastering DVD. Could you provide some help on this? I have found a lot of info on remastering CD, but not on DVD.

    Thanks

    Frank

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3
    It doesn't seem that there are much difference between remastering CD and DVD.
    Though I'm not sure how to split it into "KNOPPIX" and "KNOPPIX2" images (or maybe I can just write UDF DVD with one image?)

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    The iso9660 standard doesn't allow for a file over 2 gig. This is the reason for the split. If you create a non-iso9660 remaster, them you might get away with it, but you might have more trouble booting. I can't talk you through how to do any of this, it's beyond my skill level.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
    but you might have more trouble booting
    That's what I'm intereseted in.
    Quick google search shows some mentions of Vista boot DVD with UDF. That means UDF is basically bootable. But how old computer (motherboard, I suppose) needs to be to not be able to boot UDF DVD?

    And, another question, where is "KNOPPIX2" image mentioned in system (It is being mounted to /KNOPPIX2 and into UNIONFS, as I can see), and what should be changed for errorless removing of "KNOPPIX2" image?

Similar Threads

  1. ISP refuses to provide support for LINUX
    By terminalk in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 04:13 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2005, 12:10 AM
  3. Can the Knoppix Live CD provide the Hardware list ?
    By duffmckagan in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 04:27 AM
  4. Can anyone provide me a floppy-image for V3.6?
    By qeldroma in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 01:34 PM
  5. Can anyone provide me a floppy-image for V3.6?
    By qeldroma in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 10:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard picture

MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard

$163.49



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW

$121.45



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASUS H110I-PLUS Motherboard LGA1151 w/ I5-7400 CPU, 8GB, Heatsink & I/O Shield picture

ASUS H110I-PLUS Motherboard LGA1151 w/ I5-7400 CPU, 8GB, Heatsink & I/O Shield

$60.00



ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU

$45.00



MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard picture

MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard

$59.99