Anyone has done remastering DVD. Could you provide some help on this? I have found a lot of info on remastering CD, but not on DVD.
Thanks
Frank
I have finally known how to remaster CD now. However, since I need to install more software, I need to know how to remaster knoppix to DVD.
Could anyone provide me some info?
thanks
Frank
Anyone has done remastering DVD. Could you provide some help on this? I have found a lot of info on remastering CD, but not on DVD.
Thanks
Frank
It doesn't seem that there are much difference between remastering CD and DVD.
Though I'm not sure how to split it into "KNOPPIX" and "KNOPPIX2" images (or maybe I can just write UDF DVD with one image?)
The iso9660 standard doesn't allow for a file over 2 gig. This is the reason for the split. If you create a non-iso9660 remaster, them you might get away with it, but you might have more trouble booting. I can't talk you through how to do any of this, it's beyond my skill level.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
That's what I'm intereseted in.Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
Quick google search shows some mentions of Vista boot DVD with UDF. That means UDF is basically bootable. But how old computer (motherboard, I suppose) needs to be to not be able to boot UDF DVD?
And, another question, where is "KNOPPIX2" image mentioned in system (It is being mounted to /KNOPPIX2 and into UNIONFS, as I can see), and what should be changed for errorless removing of "KNOPPIX2" image?

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.21
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$465.98
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Dell Latitude 15.6” FHD Core i5 Laptop PC Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11
$382.48
2026 NEW SGIN 15.6" Laptop Win11 Intel i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6 RJ45 USB-C
$302.99