-
Upgrading/Adding/Removing Packages to Knoppix on USB Flash
Hello,
I am running Knoppix 5.01 off a bootable USB key. I want to add and remove packages using kpackage. I was able to download a new package list although it said that the package registry was not available. When I clicked through for the packages I wanted to add, again, everything seemed to work fine. However when I went to apply my changes, the interactive script said that it was upgrading 'tzdata' and appeared to get hung up. FYI I am running a LivePC with 512MB ram and no hard drive.
Is my problem:
1) I didn't wait long enough for my computer to do it's thing?
2) I don't have enough RAM to do this update?
3) I should have done it another way?
What is the best way to update/add/remove packages from a live USB version of Knoppix?
Thanks for your help.
LZ
Similar Threads
-
By Michiel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-30-2006, 01:20 PM
-
By rash in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-13-2006, 10:11 AM
-
By Durand Hicks in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-10-2004, 01:35 PM
-
By dobell in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 05:00 PM
-
By silkodyssey in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-12-2003, 02:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99