Hello,
I am running Knoppix 5.01 off a bootable USB key. I want to add and remove packages using kpackage. I was able to download a new package list although it said that the package registry was not available. When I clicked through for the packages I wanted to add, again, everything seemed to work fine. However when I went to apply my changes, the interactive script said that it was upgrading 'tzdata' and appeared to get hung up. FYI I am running a LivePC with 512MB ram and no hard drive.
Is my problem:
1) I didn't wait long enough for my computer to do it's thing?
2) I don't have enough RAM to do this update?
3) I should have done it another way?
What is the best way to update/add/remove packages from a live USB version of Knoppix?
Thanks for your help.
LZ

Vintage Computer Manuals and Disks - Windows 3.1, Epson, Quicken, and more
$101.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Iomega Bernoulli 90 PRO 90MB SCSI Removable Disk Drive + Extras
$124.99
RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00
Nice White Ceramic NEC 8080A Microprocessor / Old Vintage Computer Gold IC Chip
$399.99
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37