Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: What I missed to remastering a CD?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18

    What I missed to remastering a CD?

    I thought that I can remaster CD after I tried 4 times of my scripts. Each time, it gives me a resonale results after I delete some packages. However, when I starts to do real remastering by installing some packages, then I found that the iso file becomes very big. Here is the result. Before I install ipython package, I got 615 MB iso image. After I install the ipython, I got a 1.225GB image. the size of my knxsource without compression is 1978508. It is smaller than original knoppix source. What I need to do to get a reasonable size of iso.

    Thanks

    Frank

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    177
    1] From the size of the discrepancy, it looks that you might possibly have omitted to
    Code:
    umount /proc
    and/or
    Code:
    apt-get clean
    before exiting chroot (?).

    2] Unfortunately there is still an issue with the more recent releases of Knoppix, that the remastering procedures can not achieve quite the same level of compression as the original KNOPPIX file. Link to previous threads:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...470&highlight=
    Unfortunately I have not seen any good explanation or work-around posted

    EDITED: After seeing your other thread http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27575
    Yes that helps a bit but is not the complete answer.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2005, 01:03 PM
  2. new in remastering
    By grexk in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 03:38 AM
  3. Remastering Suite V1.01 released! Easy Knoppix-Remastering
    By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
  4. Missed tabs on devices properties (and device icons)
    By stux in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 11:31 AM
  5. Remastering Scripts : easy remastering
    By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$169.95



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39



MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY picture

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY

$229.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM picture

Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM

$9599.00



Hynix & Samsun (Lot Of 36) 4GB 2Rx8 PC3L-10600R DDR3 Server Memory 144GB Total picture

Hynix & Samsun (Lot Of 36) 4GB 2Rx8 PC3L-10600R DDR3 Server Memory 144GB Total

$120.00



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00