-
I'm an idiot. *sigh*
Apologies to you guys for beating your heads against the wall for me.
I didn't realize that the GX-260 that I was working with had drive (or more accurately partition) encryption software installed on it. I should've known that. On the 745 machine, I had attempted to install drive encryption software on it, but it didn't install properly and said the drive was not encrypted at all. So I figured it was a good test machine to play with.
I now remember where I heard about the Dell drive issues. I was trying to use BartPE (http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/) and had to include a plugin for Dell machines, otherwise they wouldn't see the drive or OS partition, I can't remember which. Anyhow, with that in the back of my head and the struggles I encountered (especially the same issue on different models), I assumed it was an issue with Dell.
I'm still a tiny bit perplexed about how the unencrypted drive generated the same issue as the encrypted one. Although who knows what that software does when you try to install it. Lesson learned I guess.
I blew away and reloaded the OS partition on the GX-260 and the Knoppix 5.1.1 software works fine now.
Thanks bunches for your help! Especially you, cbagger01!
Similar Threads
-
By vierdreieins in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-11-2006, 05:52 AM
-
By NeilBlanchard in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-18-2006, 06:17 PM
-
By gradnite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 12:40 AM
-
By C. Alexander in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 02:38 AM
-
By DrWhom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-20-2004, 06:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server
$100.00

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New
$295.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Hitachi 14TB SATA 6Gb/s, 3.5”, 7200 RPM, Linux Only Hard Drive. 100% HEALTH.
$197.00