-
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Knoppix is primarily a Live CD and really isn't suitable for install to hard disk, particularly by a beginner. English is apparently not your first language, so you may have missed the many wanings about this posted in this forum. Wouldn't you rather install something intended for installing on hard disk that will not have the many problems that Knoppix has, such as Debian?
-
another clue
I tried on virtual pc and also in qemu.
hd=4G
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Don't let it put you off Linux. If you want a Debian like install, consider installing Debian! It will let you install exactly what you want and will be a lot more stable. If you want to use a virtual machine there are several Debian Installs available for VMware, and user ruymbeke on this forum has done some very nice virtual machines for Knoppix (as an ISO however, not as an Install).
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
Thanks, but i need an OS
I need a linux I love it, but still I will try picking knoppix like in cd hdd install
-
Junior Member
registered user
I faced the same problem
May be you can get your cd checked for any read errors.
I was trying to install Knoppix on hdd and while the install was going on I opened other applications hiding the terminal from where I had started the install script. After 62% it froze and I waited 1 hour for it to progress further. What I found later was that it had thrown cd read error on the installation terminal. After I used another cd the installation flew in no time. Since the install terminal was hidden I did not notie the read erro r message.
Similar Threads
-
By kill_u in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-02-2010, 04:54 PM
-
By sty2000 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-27-2007, 01:15 PM
-
By ary in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-06-2005, 05:39 AM
-
By fester in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 05:47 AM
-
By fsiviero in forum Ideas
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-04-2004, 08:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00