Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Knx HD instalation freezes until 97% or 98%

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3

    Knx HD instalation freezes until 97% or 98%

    I've been trying to do knx2hd until finished .

    I pick:
    Debian-Like system (or whatever starts with debian, i forgot it)
    Ext3 archieving.

    The problem is that i can finish neither writing record on mbr nor on partition.
    It freezes in first (mbr) 98%
    in second (partition) 97%

    Why do this happen?

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Knoppix is primarily a Live CD and really isn't suitable for install to hard disk, particularly by a beginner. English is apparently not your first language, so you may have missed the many wanings about this posted in this forum. Wouldn't you rather install something intended for installing on hard disk that will not have the many problems that Knoppix has, such as Debian?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3

    another clue

    I tried on virtual pc and also in qemu.
    hd=4G

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Don't let it put you off Linux. If you want a Debian like install, consider installing Debian! It will let you install exactly what you want and will be a lot more stable. If you want to use a virtual machine there are several Debian Installs available for VMware, and user ruymbeke on this forum has done some very nice virtual machines for Knoppix (as an ISO however, not as an Install).
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3

    Thanks, but i need an OS

    I need a linux I love it, but still I will try picking knoppix like in cd hdd install

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22

    I faced the same problem

    May be you can get your cd checked for any read errors.

    I was trying to install Knoppix on hdd and while the install was going on I opened other applications hiding the terminal from where I had started the install script. After 62% it froze and I waited 1 hour for it to progress further. What I found later was that it had thrown cd read error on the installation terminal. After I used another cd the installation flew in no time. Since the install terminal was hidden I did not notie the read erro r message.

Similar Threads

  1. Two problems with HDD instalation
    By kill_u in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 04:54 PM
  2. HD Instalation problem
    By sty2000 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 01:15 PM
  3. From HD Instalation to File ISO
    By ary in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 05:39 AM
  4. Knoppix instalation program???
    By fester in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 05:47 AM
  5. compacted instalation
    By fsiviero in forum Ideas
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-04-2004, 08:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$248.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Remote Desktop User & Device RDS CALs for Windows Server 2025, 2022 & 2019 picture

Remote Desktop User & Device RDS CALs for Windows Server 2025, 2022 & 2019

$174.99