-
Dummy needs basic wireless help.
Desktop
iwconfig wlan0 mode Ad-Hoc essid james rate 11M channel 6
ifconfig wlan0 192.168.1.10 netmask 255.255.255.0
route add default gw 192.168.1.1 wlan0
Laptop
iwconfig eth0 mode Ad-Hoc essid james rate 11M channel 6
ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.11 netmask 255.255.255.0
route add default gw 192.168.1.1 eth0
When I try to ping each other I get nothing.
Do I need to add IP address to /etc/hosts ?
Please help a dummy, I'd be very grateful.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I never try a peer-to-peer wireless connection. But if your network do have a centralized wireless router or access point. You can try the "How to use wireless in Knoppix" in the Network FAQ section. See if it can help.
Rgds,
Chip
Similar Threads
-
By blockHEAD in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-24-2009, 05:08 AM
-
By kbieri in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-03-2008, 08:39 AM
-
By anders in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-24-2005, 05:35 AM
-
By stuartc1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 12:24 PM
-
By going2knoppix in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 03:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Intel S2600TP 4-Node 64 Core Server 8x Xeon E5-2620 v4, 256GB DDR4 RAM, 2x 1600W
$1785.00

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$215.00