How do i know if Knoppix has detected my wireless card, is there a command I can run to see if it's detected it?
When I run the wlcardconfig command in the root shell the following message appears:
Xlib: Connection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified
Xdialog: Error initializing the GUI
Do you run under X11 with GTK+ V1.20.0+ installed?
Does anyone know what this means and how I can use wlcardconfig to connect to my home wireless network?
How do i know if Knoppix has detected my wireless card, is there a command I can run to see if it's detected it?
Try the commandOriginally Posted by olicommunist
$ iwconfig
If you have something returned containing ESSID and ACCESS POINT information, then your wireless card is detected by Knoppix.
Rgds,
Chip

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59