How do i know if Knoppix has detected my wireless card, is there a command I can run to see if it's detected it?
When I run the wlcardconfig command in the root shell the following message appears:
Xlib: Connection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified
Xdialog: Error initializing the GUI
Do you run under X11 with GTK+ V1.20.0+ installed?
Does anyone know what this means and how I can use wlcardconfig to connect to my home wireless network?
How do i know if Knoppix has detected my wireless card, is there a command I can run to see if it's detected it?
Try the commandOriginally Posted by olicommunist
$ iwconfig
If you have something returned containing ESSID and ACCESS POINT information, then your wireless card is detected by Knoppix.
Rgds,
Chip

Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple
$60.00
Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Vintage Desktop Computer w/ Keyboard & Mouse
$350.00
VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00
Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00
185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
Vintage Apple Macintosh PowerBook 160 laptop
$50.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00
Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00
Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2
$109.99