Grub Gurus,
I had xp and knoppix 5.0 set up as a dual boot from a single hard disk. Then I tried to install knoppix games cd in another partition. While setting this up I overwrote the grub partition and was left with error 17 while booting. Neither knoppix or Windows would boot. So I recovered the windows mbr and windows comes up fine now.
My Knoppix partition is intact with all files in place.Now how do I install the grub in MBR?
I had deleted a partition and made an ext3 partition when I boot from the knoppix games cd and run knoppix-installer I do not get this as the choice to install the OS. It offers to install the OS in my Knoppix 5.0 partition, so if I go ahead the 5.0 partition would be overwritten with Games partition whereas I want games as another bootable partition. Or does it mean that I cant have 2 Knoppix bootable partition in the same disk drive?

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39
SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM
$3199.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
NEW Lenovo Samsung 64GB LPDDR5X 8533 MHz LPCAMM2 Memory,For ThinkPad P1 Gen7,8,9
$1349.00
Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98