-
Is Knoppix speeding up DSL?
I just got through using Knoppix for the first time. Wonderful program. I fear microsoft will be a thing of the past for me.
My question is, after connecting to my DSL , which was NO problem at all , I checked my speed at dslreports.com. I have never been able to get over a bout a 550 k before using my new comp with win 98 and the tango manager software(which tends to mess up programs as it runs in the background). But now, using my 3 year old comp, an OS that I downloaded (Knoppix) , and no tango mananager screwing up my other programs, I consistently got speeds of almost 700 k (693 was my best). Any thoughts on why this is ? I'm not complaining about this, just curious. I remember seeing something about an MSS or an MTU setting being set to 1452 . I believe I have this set to 1492 on my new comp with tango manager. Could the different settings cause this. Once again, I 've got to say, great OS, and great forum. Thanks for any info on this .
Kman
Similar Threads
-
By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-21-2003, 03:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00