-
Photorec going like "frenzy", or very long time.
Hi!
I just used photorec to restore some files, since my hdd went crazy. I've checked the partitiontables and those where bad, so I've made them ok with testdisk I think it was. Anyway, the thing is photorec never stops. Should I wait for it to stop or should I stop it myself. Now it's on pass 83, 22 hours in. Sounds a bit overkill. 121000 files found. Should I continue or stop? But would need some help here on the photorec issue.
Then I need to fix the mbr stuff (think it could be this), but as I know it is done in many ways. Thought of fixmbr, but will that make my partitions useless? Do I have to make my partitions again? It's not the end of the world if the data is gone, even if it's the entire disk. I have the most important things on another disk. All this stuff began with a virus I think, since my antivirus alerted a virus, and I deleted, but it never got deleted. Then he computer booted itself, and then it never starts. I only gets to a message saying the os may not start....
I've read somewhere if the mbr is wrong it doesn't matter if I format c and reinstall windows..
The disk partition is ntfs I have c on, d is fat32, All this is the same disk.
Thanks for your help
Similar Threads
-
By Kenji Kitagawa in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-04-2006, 05:20 AM
-
Replies: 16
Last Post: 02-06-2005, 04:52 PM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.21

Asus ROG Zephyrus M15 GU502L Republic of Games Gaming Laptop - 78% Battery
$545.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB,Internal,7200 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive
$29.90

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99

ADATA SD810 1TB External SSD USB 3.2 Gen2x2 2000MB/s New Sealed **FREE SHIPPING
$109.95

Samsung PM9A1 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Internal SSD OPAL MZ-VL21T00 1TB
$99.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$465.98

NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD
$444.99