Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: could not find linux kernel header file for version 19

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18

    could not find linux kernel header file for version 19

    Hi,

    I need to recompile the vmware tool box on knoppix. However, using synatic I could not find the linux header file for kernel 19. It only lists kernel 18 and kernel 20, 21. Any one know where to find it? BTW, I also have knoppix DVD. Does it include the kernel header files?

    Thanks

    Frank

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    177

    Re: could not find linux kernel header file for version 19

    Quote Originally Posted by dtzxdtzx1
    ... using synatic I could not find the linux header file for kernel 19. It only lists kernel 18 and kernel 20, 21. Any one know where to find it? BTW, I also have knoppix DVD. Does it include the kernel header files? Frank
    As you refer to kernel (2.6) .19 , and assuming that your DVD is the same Knoppix release it will be 5.1.1 , then you will find
    linux-headers-2.6.19_2.6.19-10.00.Custom_i386.deb
    ready packaged for you on the DVD. These worked for me for installing VMware Player.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18
    I am sorry for not being clear. My Knoppix version is 5.1.1. The kernel is 2.6.19. I have downloaded the 5.1.1 DVD after spending two days. Unfortunately, I could not run the image through vmware, so I am stucked here. It would be appreciated if you can provide me a link to get the header file.

    Thanks

    Frank

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzxdtzx1
    ..., I could not run the image through vmware, so ...
    I can. See the work of ruymbeke here.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzxdtzx1
    ... It would be appreciated if you can provide me a link to get the header file....
    ... well, if you're running the 5.1.1 DVD the header files package is already installed - unless you've downloaded some strange re-master of the DVD. Also, Knoppix kindly provide the .deb package, as I stated above, on the 5.1.1 DVD - you can find this with the find command.

Similar Threads

  1. Cannot find linux kernel
    By Stephen Grant Brown in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 08:16 AM
  2. Can't find kernel image: linux
    By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 12:01 AM
  3. Knoppix-3.4 and kernel-header-version?
    By Ish Rattan in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 02:58 PM
  4. could not find kernel image: linux
    By aykuty in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 07:16 AM
  5. find the linux version of applications.
    By ykhov in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 08:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch picture

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch

$115.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99