Apparently, using the old wind0ze trick will work, as I got the card working both in linux and windoze.
install driver, then install card. With the system booting up with the card instead of hotplugging, I have no probs.
Thanks for the quiet help.
I'm having an issue with a sony pcg-grx700 + a dlink dwl-g650 card with knoppix 3.7 live.
Currently, it sees ath0, has my SSID up, shows managed, frequency, access point, and bit rate, along with link quality & signal level.
My link light is lit, but pump -i ath0 gives me operation failed after the lights blink.
I've read that there may be an issue with dhcpd, but all that appears to be here is dhcpd3 which isn't running..
Wondering if I have an issue, or if I'm missing something obvious. Also, it's a possibility that this card is malfunctioning, as I get the same thing in Windows -- detected, but not connected.
Anyone have any ideas?
Apparently, using the old wind0ze trick will work, as I got the card working both in linux and windoze.
install driver, then install card. With the system booting up with the card instead of hotplugging, I have no probs.
Thanks for the quiet help.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15
Toshiba Magnia SG20 VPN Linux server Web server (No HDD, *Read*) -
$60.00
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US
$41.30