-
wireless woes
I'm having an issue with a sony pcg-grx700 + a dlink dwl-g650 card with knoppix 3.7 live.
Currently, it sees ath0, has my SSID up, shows managed, frequency, access point, and bit rate, along with link quality & signal level.
My link light is lit, but pump -i ath0 gives me operation failed after the lights blink.
I've read that there may be an issue with dhcpd, but all that appears to be here is dhcpd3 which isn't running..
Wondering if I have an issue, or if I'm missing something obvious. Also, it's a possibility that this card is malfunctioning, as I get the same thing in Windows -- detected, but not connected.
Anyone have any ideas?
-
Apparently, using the old wind0ze trick will work, as I got the card working both in linux and windoze.
install driver, then install card. With the system booting up with the card instead of hotplugging, I have no probs.
Thanks for the quiet help.
Similar Threads
-
By marinebro0306 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-03-2006, 10:50 AM
-
By jm47048 in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-03-2006, 06:27 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-31-2005, 03:03 PM
-
By Shadda in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-12-2005, 04:45 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 01:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99