-
I had the same problem. I routinely boot various Dell/Compaq/HP machines, using one CD-R (a TDK) I burned a few weeks ago. I just had another system with this problem, kept retrying over and over, as eventually that seems to work.
I just tried using 'nodma' and it worked miraculously, first try.
the optical drive is a Hitachi/LG GWA-4166B.
Also, to above post: Live CDs lock the optical drive so you can't take the CD out. Just restart and go into the BIOS or Boot Menu and you can open and close the drive.
Edit: I just tried it again to be sure. 'nodma' has fixed my problem this time.
Similar Threads
-
By donkeyass in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 27
Last Post: 03-23-2007, 08:33 AM
-
By Snifro in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 19
Last Post: 02-23-2007, 12:26 AM
-
By colonius in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-20-2004, 06:09 PM
-
By pskipw in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 06:16 AM
-
By befuddled in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-23-2003, 03:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00