-
I had the same problem. I routinely boot various Dell/Compaq/HP machines, using one CD-R (a TDK) I burned a few weeks ago. I just had another system with this problem, kept retrying over and over, as eventually that seems to work.
I just tried using 'nodma' and it worked miraculously, first try.
the optical drive is a Hitachi/LG GWA-4166B.
Also, to above post: Live CDs lock the optical drive so you can't take the CD out. Just restart and go into the BIOS or Boot Menu and you can open and close the drive.
Edit: I just tried it again to be sure. 'nodma' has fixed my problem this time.
Similar Threads
-
By donkeyass in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 27
Last Post: 03-23-2007, 08:33 AM
-
By Snifro in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 19
Last Post: 02-23-2007, 12:26 AM
-
By colonius in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-20-2004, 06:09 PM
-
By pskipw in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 06:16 AM
-
By befuddled in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-23-2003, 03:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

AYANEO AM01 AMD Ryzen 7 5800U Gaming Mini PC Retro Classic DP DDR4 32GB 1Tb
$400.00

2TB 4TB 16TB Portable SSD Type-C External Hard Drive High Speed USB 3.1 Laptop
$18.99