-
Booting From Live CD error
So im a COMPLETE newb to Linux and Knoppix, but it seemed like I wanted to learn and give it the effort so i did and I dl'ed the ISO and everything from bittorrent and burned the ISO file
and when i go to pop in the CD
i get this
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit.
Additional builtin commands available:
cat mount umount
insmod rmmod lsmod
knoppix#
(im redownloading and reburning but any ideas)
and sorry Im new to the forum and i tried searching but i didnt really find anything, figured maybe you could help me, but ill be visiting these forums alot
THANKS!
-
EDIT: ok so apparently this CD boots off my friends toshiba laptop
but wont boot on mine
btw I have the Intel media motherboard it came with intels bundle, with the core 2 duo
something with my hardware perhaps?
is there some kinda line I can use to bypass this?
thx
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
Mercenary(FH)
E... this CD boots off my friends toshiba laptop
but wont boot on mine.....
What speed did you burn at? Low speed burning is important. You might try the nodma cheat code, but that does not fix problems caused by a high speed burn.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
would I just type it in when it says "here's a limited shell"
cause I tried typing some commands and it does nothing, and I did the burn speed at 1x and another at 4x and they both did the same thing
-
btw I tried the "tips and tricks" boot:knoppix stuff
but it says no boot?
or would I type that in somewhere else?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
As Knoppix starts there is the chance to type something in, called the boot prompt. At that point try typing knoppix nodma then hit enter and see if that helps.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By bigspanner in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 16
Last Post: 08-17-2008, 07:16 AM
-
By irfankaisar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-19-2007, 08:26 AM
-
By momist in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-23-2006, 01:54 AM
-
By muppchan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2006, 05:20 AM
-
By souleman in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch Network Expansion TL-SG105
$19.95

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95