-
I/O error from bootable CD
Greetings. I downloaded 5.1.1 and burned a CD. When I put it into my laptop and boot I get an error partway into the sequence. Here is what I see (I replaced some text with ...):
Running Linux Kernel 2.6.19
Total Memory...
Scanning...
Enabling DMA acceleration for: hda [IBM-DJSA-220]
Enabling DMA acceleration for: hdc [HITACHI DVD-ROM GD-S200]
Accessing KNOPPIX CD at /dev/hdc... insmod: can't read '/cdrom/modules/cloop.ko': I/O Error
Can't find KNOPPIX file system, sorry.
...
I'm dropped into a small command line interpreter. I know the drive works, because I can get to Windows with it normally and I can boot with it using some other boot disk.
Any ideas where to go from here?
Similar Threads
-
By RedWagon in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-30-2007, 02:00 AM
-
By edward in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-25-2007, 10:40 AM
-
By srcfoo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-23-2005, 11:38 PM
-
By widget in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-18-2004, 10:47 AM
-
By infoMafia in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 06:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00

INTRO CAD PLUS v3.0.7 ©1989 PP&S for Commodore Amiga BOXED
$49.98

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99

NOB AlfaData AlfaScan Plus Hand Scanner for Commodore Amiga 256 Grayscale RARE
$149.99