Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I/O error from bootable CD

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3

    I/O error from bootable CD

    Greetings. I downloaded 5.1.1 and burned a CD. When I put it into my laptop and boot I get an error partway into the sequence. Here is what I see (I replaced some text with ...):

    Running Linux Kernel 2.6.19
    Total Memory...
    Scanning...
    Enabling DMA acceleration for: hda [IBM-DJSA-220]
    Enabling DMA acceleration for: hdc [HITACHI DVD-ROM GD-S200]
    Accessing KNOPPIX CD at /dev/hdc... insmod: can't read '/cdrom/modules/cloop.ko': I/O Error
    Can't find KNOPPIX file system, sorry.
    ...

    I'm dropped into a small command line interpreter. I know the drive works, because I can get to Windows with it normally and I can boot with it using some other boot disk.

    Any ideas where to go from here?

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Please see answer #1.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3
    I'm on it. Thanks for the pointer.

Similar Threads

  1. Bootable USB to CD?
    By RedWagon in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 02:00 AM
  2. DVD bootable -> CD bootable??
    By edward in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2007, 10:40 AM
  3. CD is not bootable
    By srcfoo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-23-2005, 11:38 PM
  4. Help with bootable cd!
    By widget in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 10:47 AM
  5. Bootable UDF CD-RW possible?
    By infoMafia in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 06:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A

$49.99



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$36.99



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250

$25.99



Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD

$29.99