-
Junior Member
registered user
synaptic returns "segmentation fault"
CUPS reports (at last!) that a possible cause of my printing problems is fixed in CUPS 1.2.11.
Knoppix .5.1.1 shipped with CUPS 1.2.7, so I tried my first ever package upgrade, with synaptic.
Nice GUI!
But after running:
- Edit > Reload Package Information (no problem),
marking the CUPS files for upgrade, and
Apply,
the details window reported that Gnome was not installed and raised
- E: ... segmentation error!
Run apt-get --configure -a to correct
Running apt-get --configure -a got another segmentation fault.
A thread recommended running trace on apt-get, which produced some files not found (as far as I can see, which isn't very; you're welcome to see the log.
Then I tried apt-get, dselect, and dpkg, and got the same error. (all the apt-xxx. programs that go beyond reporting are affected).
I even tried rpm. It seems to work, but I can't make heads or tails of the instructions. What, for example, has to be in the tar ball you feed to rpm-build? The files the instructions say you need are in there (I looked!), but rpm-builder said it couldn't find them.
How can I reinstall apt-xxx without using apt-get, and then upgrade CUPS?
Thanks!
HatGuy
Similar Threads
-
By Pete in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-17-2006, 01:26 PM
-
By Keilaron in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-13-2005, 05:07 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 44
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 01:30 AM
-
By ZeroKun in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-18-2004, 12:44 AM
-
By steveO in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-25-2004, 04:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$739.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

NEW Lantronix UDS1100-POE - One Port RS232/RS422/RS485 to IP Ethernet 950-00169
$89.00

1 Dell Ultra SSD M.2 NVMe PCI-Express x16 Solid State Storage Adapter Card 6N9RH
$59.99