I want to re-install Knoppix, but do not want it to overwrite my windows MBR. How can I stop it from installing LILO?
Thanks
I want to re-install Knoppix, but do not want it to overwrite my windows MBR. How can I stop it from installing LILO?
Thanks
Reply no to the question during install of "install lilo to the MBR" and it will not install it to the MBR. You will have to boot with a floppy.
In the event that you DO overwrite your MBR you can easily fix it like this:
Boot a WIN98 floppy and enter
fdisk /mbr
(I think the syntax is right)

Dell PowerEdge T440 Tower Server 2x Intel Gold 5118 and 128GB 2400MHZ DDR4
$1840.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$225.00
Windows Server 2025 Standard✔ 24-CORE✔ 10 CALs✔ 50 RDS✔ Remote Desktop EP2-25205
$317.56
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00
USB 2.0 Network Print Server LAN Print Share Server USB Wireless Print Server
$25.19