Hello,
I'm totaly new to this so please bear with me...
My pc died and I have recently re-installed windows on a new hard drive. However, I have a 250gig WD mybook external USB HD. The usb HD for some rason has locked and is not detected anymore by windows. have read on the web that Knoppix may be able to detect the hard drive allowing me to access my files and copy them across onto one of my working internal HD's.
I am running Version 3.7 of Knoppix but again the USB HD isn't detected. I've tried to mount it but when I try to access it i get the error message "could not mount device, the reported error was, mount: I could not determine the file system type, and none was specified"
Can anyone help, I've tried searching but not found anything that I could use.
Thanks for reading
Ashy.

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$99.00
Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$7.99
TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW
$22.00
SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$49.99