Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
OK, thanks. I'll make a couple of suggestions, although I don't know what is going wrong here:

There is a small chance that you are having optical drive problems because of DMA issues. I would have expected that this hardware would support DMA on the optical drive just fine, but you can try typing knoppix nodma at the boot prompt and see if that helps.

You have enough memory that you could load all of Knoppix into memory. I don't know if that will bypass the error or not, since it obviously has to read the disc to do this, but since the boot is starting OK, it might. Try typing knoppix toram at the boot prompt.
thanks for suggesting

actually i got it to work, ive always seemed to have problems with the drive i was using, so i tried the other frive, and it worked great, started and everything, and my files are still here!!(using the same computer, that crahsed right now)... so i am going to copy them to a USB stick and re-install windows..............

thnaks again for your help and time!