-
Sound and mouse bug
I've had the same bug since Knoppix 4 (the 3-series versions were fine). 5.1.1 still has it. I'm curious to know what it is:
1. Sound - as soon as the GUI starts, the speakers make a repeating noise that sounds like "sicka sicka sicka". Usually it changes to something else after a few minutes. If I eventually (see 2) manage to start a terminal window and type "alsaconf", it stops and doesn't start again. Alsaconf reports it's closing lots of examples of process 3600.
2. The mouse pointer lags the mouse movement by a second or so. It is just about possible to click on a particular spot, but ti takes a lot of patience. I've not found a way to sort this, yet.
The machine is a Pentium 600MHz "Coppermine", the sound card is a Creative SB Value (emu10k1), and the mouse is a fairly standard 5-button and scrollwheel optical mouse from Trust. The machine has a SCSI card and two SCSI optical drives (one DVDROM, one CDRW).
If I browse (very slowly!) to KSysGuard, I see four copies of aufsd, six copies of bash, and two of several functions are running - eg pccardd, kio_file, pdflush, xsession.
These two bugs make Knoppix unuseable on the "Linux" PC. Annoyingly, it works just fine on the Windows desktop machine, of course.
Is there a simple command I can type at it to stop this happening?
Similar Threads
-
By ozgurgerilla in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-16-2005, 03:08 PM
-
By higuhi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 02:04 PM
-
By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 40
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 04:45 PM
-
By clfest in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-30-2003, 01:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

(LOT OF 4) Intel Core i5 Processors Different Gens
$249.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New
$284.79

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i9-9900X CPU SREZ7 3.50GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Desktop Processor
$119.99

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99