-
Actually, I am just that dumb and those 2 are both my external and my hdd...
The hda1 (my hdd) cannot mount due to an ntfs inconsistency error.
sda1 is fine and I can see all files.
Error message is:
Could not mount device.
$MFTMirr does not match $MFT (record 2).
Failed to mount '/dev/hda1/': I/O error.
NTFS is inconsistent. Run chkdsk /f on Windows then reboot it twice.
etc...
SO, that is how I ended up here in the 1st place. When trying to repair my hdd I ran into several problems and decided I have been working on troubleshooting this for too long and just want to get my files and start from scratch.
But when trying to run chkdsk /r from the command prompt it went to about 70% and then restarted and kept getting stuck in a loop at 50%.
Anyway, so bottom line, I just want to recover my files. Can chkdsk /f be run from inside knoppix? Or is it telling me I need to do it from back out on the c: prompt because if that is the case then I can't do that. I was hoping knoppix would be able to help.
Anyone, please?
Similar Threads
-
By robmillard in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-04-2006, 08:58 PM
-
By kopfhorer in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-09-2006, 06:36 PM
-
By Israel in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-21-2005, 07:51 PM
-
By craigw79 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 12:09 AM
-
By bradleyko in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99