No suggestions?
I've had the same bug since Knoppix 4 (the 3-series versions were fine). 5.1.1 still has it. I'm curious to know what it is:
1. Sound - as soon as the GUI starts, the speakers make a repeating noise that sounds like "sicka sicka sicka". Usually it changes to something else after a few minutes. If I eventually (see 2) manage to start a terminal window and type "alsaconf", it stops and doesn't start again. Alsaconf reports it's closing lots of examples of process 3600.
2. The mouse pointer lags the mouse movement by a second or so. It is just about possible to click on a particular spot, but ti takes a lot of patience. I've not found a way to sort this, yet.
The machine is a Pentium 600MHz "Coppermine", the sound card is a Creative SB Value (emu10k1), and the mouse is a fairly standard 5-button and scrollwheel optical mouse from Trust. The machine has a SCSI card and two SCSI optical drives (one DVDROM, one CDRW).
If I browse (very slowly!) to KSysGuard, I see four copies of aufsd, six copies of bash, and two of several functions are running - eg pccardd, kio_file, pdflush, xsession.
These two bugs make Knoppix unuseable on the "Linux" PC. Annoyingly, it works just fine on the Windows desktop machine, of course.
Is there a simple command I can type at it to stop this happening?
No suggestions?

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
10x LOT: New in Box Cisco CP-7821-K9 VOIP Business Phones w/ Handsets + Stands
$795.00
Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99
Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99