-
how to mount KNOPPIX image without booting
How can I decompress and mount the KNOPPIX image from a knoppix CD when not running knoppix?
I would like to use my knoppix CD in cases where I need known-good utilities to investigate a computer that may have been cracked. It seems to me there ought to be a way to do a loopback mount of something from the CD to make Knoppix's /bin and /sbin usable without actually rebooting (which would most likely destroy most of the stuff I am trying to get a peek at). But I can't figure out what/how to mount.
My best guess is that I need to mount KNOPPIX (full path on my system is /media/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX when I insert knoppix CD under my regular OS, not booting from CD) and that this is a compressed iso9660 image. It's apparently not in gzip format, nor is it plain iso9660, or at least I can't get zcat to deal with it or mount to mount it if I use -t iso9660. Could someone give me a hint how this should work? Is it even possible?
If this approach is bogus, is there some other way to make the software on the knoppix CD accessible, other than rebooting? Or should I just burn a CD that has what I want on it and not try to use knoppix?
Thanks,
Dave
Similar Threads
-
By inguaravi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-02-2007, 06:27 AM
-
By LoneShadow in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-24-2007, 06:54 PM
-
By kim in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-07-2004, 08:54 AM
-
By yuu_shi in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 01:39 AM
-
By ciccio in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 12:47 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate 2.5" Barracuda 1TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 2F110A-500
$19.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99