Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Creating persistant knoppix disc image with floppy disc

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5

    Creating persistant knoppix disc image with floppy disc

    I'm trying to create a persistant Knoppix disc image but I cannot put it on the my hard drive and I don't have a flash drive I can use for this. Is there any way that I can put it on a floppy disc?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    toronto, canada
    Posts
    87
    Arbatras wrote:
    I'm trying to create a persistant Knoppix disc image ... on the my hard drive ... Is there any way that I can put it on a floppy disc?
    You didn't mention what sort of partition your HD is; if it's NTFS, then you're out of luck; if it's a FAT partition, then I believe you can create a persistent image on your HD. First, you would have to change your HD to read/write; by default your hard drive is READ only.

    Failing that, you can save a configuration file, config.tbz, to a floppy. This isn't the same as a persistent home directory (you won't be able to install new software, and of course you'll be severely limited in space. I found that I really needed a persistent home dir to copy over my Firefoxz bookmarks and passwords, and install new software. With a diskette, you can add a printer, and copy the Firefox bookmarks (assuming you use Firefox on Windows).

    Let us know more about your situation, re partition, etc.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5
    Never mind what I said earlier. I was able to do what I needed with a floppy disk. Thanks for your help anyway.

Similar Threads

  1. Disc Image
    By iadcc in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 04:51 PM
  2. Knoppix 5.1 on Hard Disc !!
    By sastry in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 07:39 PM
  3. Creating persistant disk image on external HDD
    By mark.johnson in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 11:07 PM
  4. A Knoppix secondary disc?
    By Matrox462 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 06:57 PM
  5. Creating floppy disc on laptop
    By mskogly in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 03:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor

$79.00



Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6 picture

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6

$14.99



Intel Core i5-4590 Processor (3.3 GHz, 4 Cores, LGA 1150) - SR1QJ picture

Intel Core i5-4590 Processor (3.3 GHz, 4 Cores, LGA 1150) - SR1QJ

$12.90



Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13  3.0 GHz  Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU

$80.00



Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU picture

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU

$79.99



Intel Core i7-6700 Processor (3.40 GHz, 4 Cores, LGA 1151) - SR2L2 picture

Intel Core i7-6700 Processor (3.40 GHz, 4 Cores, LGA 1151) - SR2L2

$34.99



Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW picture

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW

$94.99



PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU picture

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU

$15.99



Intel Core i5-8400T 1.7 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3X6 picture

Intel Core i5-8400T 1.7 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3X6

$28.99