Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Creating persistant knoppix disc image with floppy disc

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5

    Creating persistant knoppix disc image with floppy disc

    I'm trying to create a persistant Knoppix disc image but I cannot put it on the my hard drive and I don't have a flash drive I can use for this. Is there any way that I can put it on a floppy disc?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    toronto, canada
    Posts
    87
    Arbatras wrote:
    I'm trying to create a persistant Knoppix disc image ... on the my hard drive ... Is there any way that I can put it on a floppy disc?
    You didn't mention what sort of partition your HD is; if it's NTFS, then you're out of luck; if it's a FAT partition, then I believe you can create a persistent image on your HD. First, you would have to change your HD to read/write; by default your hard drive is READ only.

    Failing that, you can save a configuration file, config.tbz, to a floppy. This isn't the same as a persistent home directory (you won't be able to install new software, and of course you'll be severely limited in space. I found that I really needed a persistent home dir to copy over my Firefoxz bookmarks and passwords, and install new software. With a diskette, you can add a printer, and copy the Firefox bookmarks (assuming you use Firefox on Windows).

    Let us know more about your situation, re partition, etc.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5
    Never mind what I said earlier. I was able to do what I needed with a floppy disk. Thanks for your help anyway.

Similar Threads

  1. Disc Image
    By iadcc in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 04:51 PM
  2. Knoppix 5.1 on Hard Disc !!
    By sastry in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 07:39 PM
  3. Creating persistant disk image on external HDD
    By mark.johnson in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 11:07 PM
  4. A Knoppix secondary disc?
    By Matrox462 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 06:57 PM
  5. Creating floppy disc on laptop
    By mskogly in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 03:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


128GB (2x64GB) NEW Crucial Micron DDR5 5600 Desktop RAM UDIMM (CP2K64G56C46U5) picture

128GB (2x64GB) NEW Crucial Micron DDR5 5600 Desktop RAM UDIMM (CP2K64G56C46U5)

$2085.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Crucial Micron 8GB (1x8GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT8G4SFRA32A picture

Crucial Micron 8GB (1x8GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT8G4SFRA32A

$29.99



SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$169.95



Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM picture

Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM

$9599.00



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$30.00



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$85.00



Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 DIMM CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 picture

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 DIMM CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18

$187.99