-
Automatic wireless setup
I use an IBM A31p laptop that works beatuifully with Knoppix 5.1.1. However, whenever I boot my laptop with knoppix, I have to manually start my wireless network connection. Is there any configuration file that I can change so that wireless starts automatically, and connects to any available wireless network from a list of preferred wireless networks?
I know that Knoppix now is very configurable, I just do not know enough about where to make the change.
I use the knoppix dvd iso file on my ntfs c: drive to boot with the bootfrom cheatcode so that my cd/dvd drive is free and the system runs a whole lot faster. I have my configuration saved on a 512 mb persistent image on my fat32 d: drive. I store most of my data on my D drive so that it is available from both knoppix as well as xp.
Thanks
Neeraj
Similar Threads
-
By ivansv in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-11-2005, 04:43 AM
-
By zx2max in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-18-2005, 10:42 PM
-
By tymlls05 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-01-2005, 07:19 PM
-
By Rafael in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 06:43 PM
-
By PrOmETeO in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Hitachi HDS723030ALA640 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5in HDD, Low Power-On Hours
$49.00

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*
$319.79

Dell Constellation ES.3 ST4000NM0023 4TB 7200 RPM 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive
$39.99

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99