Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: HCF/HSF Support

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Posts
    16

    HCF/HSF Support

    Would there be anyway that you Knoppix folk could include the latest HCF and HSF drivers? Or...make some kind of script or...something!
    I have gotten online through broadband perfectly. But that was always at friends houses...
    Narrowband is another issue.

    Is HCF/HSF/even Riptide support possible at all in a later release?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    10
    From the licensing terms:

    Redistribution of this software is permitted only for non-beta, officially released versions.
    The "problem" is that there aren't any non-beta, officially released versions (yet).

    You, personally, can download the current beta, and using nothing more than an official KNOPPIX CD-ROM, build all the pieces you need on /ramdisk, and stick them on a floppy so they can be loaded the next time you boot KNOPPIX. There is no need to write to a hard drive. I posted detailed instructions on how I got an HSF modem working in the Hardware forum.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Posts
    16
    I always searched Conexant AND HCF, so I never got that post :-\.
    But that's very cool. Thank you, I'll try it out.
    (I might still switch to that serial modem I'm eyeballing though...)

    Anything special I might need to get a serial modem to work, or should it work automatically?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by VxJasonxV
    I always searched Conexant AND HCF, so I never got that post :-\.
    But that's very cool. Thank you, I'll try it out.
    (I might still switch to that serial modem I'm eyeballing though...)

    Anything special I might need to get a serial modem to work, or should it work automatically?
    The modem how-to on the linux documentation project website.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Posts
    16
    Very cool, thank you.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Posts
    16
    ~bump~

    Quote Originally Posted by EPS
    From the licensing terms:

    Redistribution of this software is permitted only for non-beta, officially released versions.
    The "problem" is that there aren't any non-beta, officially released versions (yet).

    You, personally, can download the current beta, and using nothing more than an official KNOPPIX CD-ROM, build all the pieces you need on /ramdisk, and stick them on a floppy so they can be loaded the next time you boot KNOPPIX. There is no need to write to a hard drive. I posted detailed instructions on how I got an HSF modem working in the Hardware forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linuxant.com
    6. Redistribution. Redistribution of this software is permitted only for non-beta, officially released versions. Redistribution of versions marked "beta" or "lnxtbeta" requires explicit written approval from Linuxant.
    What's stopping Knopper or anyone else on the dev staff from asking permission?

Similar Threads

  1. no apm support in 3.6?
    By oddiofile in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 11:56 PM
  2. NO AGP support?
    By alexjenx in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 01:08 AM
  3. php with gd support
    By langhaarrocker in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2004, 07:45 PM
  4. support AMD x86-64 ?
    By Mgz in forum Ideas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 06:04 PM
  5. USB 2.0 Support?
    By Tom in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2003, 08:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz  8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER  picture

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER

$94.94



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor

$249.99



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600  Win 10 picture

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10

$109.99