-
Please Help! Corrupt ntfs
Please help! I am new to knoppix. I am trying to recover some files that were on my computer while it was running Windows. I used the recovery disk and stopped it part way (I know stupid move) because there were some files that I had forgotten to back up. When I tried to use knoppix to mount the filesystem is gave me an error that the filesystem was corrupt. Is there a way to recover the filesystem and therefore my files that are in it? If you need more information to help, I will try to respond to any questions.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Please Help! Corrupt ntfs

Originally Posted by
Libby
Please help! I am new to knoppix. I am trying to recover some files that were on my computer while it was running Windows. I used the recovery disk and stopped it part way (I know stupid move) because there were some files that I had forgotten to back up. When I tried to use knoppix to mount the filesystem is gave me an error that the filesystem was corrupt. Is there a way to recover the filesystem and therefore my files that are in it? If you need more information to help, I will try to respond to any questions.
You could try ntfsfix or you could try the read-only NTFS driver:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...=114164#114164
Similar Threads
-
By ajensl in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-30-2008, 06:47 AM
-
By randy431 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-31-2004, 04:31 AM
-
By JockVSJock in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-30-2004, 02:21 AM
-
By cool-andy in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 05:25 AM
-
By loji in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-20-2003, 12:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69