Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Please Help! Corrupt ntfs

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1

    Please Help! Corrupt ntfs

    Please help! I am new to knoppix. I am trying to recover some files that were on my computer while it was running Windows. I used the recovery disk and stopped it part way (I know stupid move) because there were some files that I had forgotten to back up. When I tried to use knoppix to mount the filesystem is gave me an error that the filesystem was corrupt. Is there a way to recover the filesystem and therefore my files that are in it? If you need more information to help, I will try to respond to any questions.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    104

    Re: Please Help! Corrupt ntfs

    Quote Originally Posted by Libby
    Please help! I am new to knoppix. I am trying to recover some files that were on my computer while it was running Windows. I used the recovery disk and stopped it part way (I know stupid move) because there were some files that I had forgotten to back up. When I tried to use knoppix to mount the filesystem is gave me an error that the filesystem was corrupt. Is there a way to recover the filesystem and therefore my files that are in it? If you need more information to help, I will try to respond to any questions.
    You could try ntfsfix or you could try the read-only NTFS driver:

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...=114164#114164

Similar Threads

  1. Recovery of corrupt IDE HDD via USB converter
    By ajensl in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 06:47 AM
  2. All ISO's corrupt?
    By randy431 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2004, 04:31 AM
  3. Corrupt init?
    By JockVSJock in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2004, 02:21 AM
  4. Win XP Bootsector corrupt - How to fix this with Knoppix ?
    By cool-andy in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 05:25 AM
  5. corrupt Super Blocks
    By loji in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-20-2003, 12:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.62