-
Problem Accessing 1 GB USB drive
Hi there --
I completed an installation of Knoppix 5.1.1 onto a Dell PowerEdge 1850 system. The configuration that I used was beginner to allow a Debian-like setup with the hardware detection scripts made available.
The problem that I am having is the following: Whenever I insert my Lexar USB 1.0 GB Jumpdrive, the system detects it, but it cannot see anything on it. When I try to open the drive, the following error message appears onscreen:
Could not mount device
mount wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1 missing codepage or some other error
I ran dmesg, and the following output appeared:
usb-storage: device scan complete
FAT: Unrecognized mount option "uid-knoppix" or missing value
FAT: Unrecognized mount option "uid-knoppix" or missing value
Has anyone seen this, and know what I can do to correct it? Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By markiemark in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-14-2009, 08:31 PM
-
By TJ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-12-2005, 11:04 PM
-
By cli168 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-17-2005, 11:03 PM
-
By KillYourRadio in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 03:48 AM
-
By boehmb in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-15-2003, 09:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$184.99

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD
$179.99

Lenovo ThinkPad P14s Gen 2a 8-Core AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 5850U 512GB SSD 16GB RAM
$345.00

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00