-
Junior Member
registered user
Oracle and Office will not start. How to add games?
I installed Knoppix 5.0 as dual boot on my Windows XP machine. I can boot either xp or Knoppix from the hdd.
Office will not start
There was a pwer fluctuation when I was using Knoppix. Since that time Office does not work. If I try to start any of the office products it just hangs with the message that office is being used by another user. Usually there is a pid file which will prevent applications from restarting. I tried to search for it but I didnt find it. Is there anything else that can be done? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall office? Can I install only office from my Knoppix 5.0 cd instead of installing the full distribution? If so how to do it?
Oracle 10gxe will not start.
I installed Oracle 10g for Debian on my machine. The install was successful and I can see the Oracle icons like " start database" "stop database" etc. When I reboot the machine it says starting Oracle and Listener.
I am not able to run any SQL command or connect to :8080 on the local host. I checked the ora processes with ps-ef command and they are not running. Any suggestions on this?
Adding packages from Live cd to the HDD
I have a Knoppix games live cd . I want to add only the games fronm this cd to my existing Knoppix 5.0 distribution . How do I do it?
Similar Threads
-
By kenjiru in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-16-2007, 11:06 PM
-
By Ed Mohring in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-15-2007, 05:49 PM
-
By rahulreddy in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-06-2006, 07:37 PM
-
By dago_m in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-28-2004, 09:47 AM
-
By efequis in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 04:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99

Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

Asus ROG Strix B460-H LGA 1200 ATX Intel 10th Gen DDR4 Motherboard
$84.99