-
Password problem
I am aware that Knoppix 5.1.1 Live DVD does not have a "root password" as this is locked by default, and that "What's the root password?" is one of the most common questions you must get on these forums. However, I am trying to load up 5.1.1 into the Gnome desktop, and whenever I try to do anything like getting online, or editing preferences, in Gnome it asks for a password. Pressing "Enter" on its own doesn't do it. I have looked on the internet already and tried one solution suggested - going into the Shell and typing "passwd" to try and specify a password - but all that does is ask for the original password, which of course I don't have!
It seems that at least the Gnome desktop in 5.1.1 requires a password - so I am forced to ask the question: "What is the root password for Knoppix 5.1.1?"
Similar Threads
-
By Steveb357 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-02-2010, 05:02 PM
-
By thefetch in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-01-2007, 08:03 AM
-
By kwyjibo730 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-30-2005, 08:24 PM
-
By Sabonis in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-22-2005, 02:43 AM
-
By extradudeguy in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 09:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

Supermicro Superserver CSE-836 Xeon E5-2609 v4 1.7GHz No RAM No Drives No OS
$249.98

Micron 64GB 4DRX4 PC4-2400T-LE2-11 MTA72ASS8G72LZ-2G3B2MG DDR4 Server RAM KD313
$249.98

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99