Why do you need the password?
You want to start a sshd? Then start it from the hdd while customizing, create the keys, set the password and stop it. And create the compressed fs.
Bye
I Was wondering if I was to put the following command into a script that I called at boot time, would it work?
passwd knoppix $'\n' 'NewPassword' $'\n' 'NewPassword' $'\n'
Trying to get the password automatically set upon boot to a default password of my choosing (Yes I know it's insecure, but it's not something I'm worried about the security on)
The $'n' is supposed to be a carriage return (Enter I'm hoping).
Will this this work or is there something else I need to do to do what I want this to do? I'm not at a machine I can test it on at the moment or else I wouldn't have posted that![]()
Why do you need the password?
You want to start a sshd? Then start it from the hdd while customizing, create the keys, set the password and stop it. And create the compressed fs.
Bye

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$14.86
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99